Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Honey for Weight Loss

These are question answers taken from The New Indian Express dated 10th may 2005 (Health Supplementary)
How can I use honey for weight loss. How many spoons of honey and how much cinnamon to add (exact quantity)?
DRINK honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one-cup water daily in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast and at night before sleeping. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also drinking of this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body.
Proportion: Take 1 tsp of cinnamon powder. Add to 1 glass of water and reduce it to 1/4 glass. Add 2 tsp of honey and consume twice daily.
For Diabetics: Can honey be used in daily diet of diabetic people?
DIABETICS should take honey with regular monitoring of their sugar levels. Don't take more than 2 -3 tsp of honey/day.
Heart Patient: I am 63, I underwent coronary bypass surgery in Oct 2002. I am alright now. Can I take honey and cinnamon powder? How should I take it? Kindly advise me?
MAKE a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread or chapatti, instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack.
Proportion: 1 teaspon of honey and 1 pinch of cinnamon powder.
Strong Body: I am a senior citizen aged 72 years. I have no problem with heart, kidney, liver, stomach, no BP, no sugar, and weigh 70kg. Of late, I get exhausted after walking 200-300 meters and feel a pressure in my chest. Recently I got a complete check up of abdomen and heart done and everything is found to be normal. Last year, I suffered from Mysthernia and showed to the doctor who prescribed medicine and I felt okay. I request you to please tell me how I should take honey and in what manner?
SUGAR content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body.
Proportion: 2 tsp of honey and 1-2 pinches of cinnamon powder.
Answered by Dr.B.Ranganath

No comments: